Google+ Followers

Friday, February 28, 2014

Monochromatic Cross

Hi guys. Today I want to showcase a monochromatic card I made. I used a stamp set by Stampin Up. I'm not sure about the name of the set at the moment, but they're one of the few stamp sets I've ever seen that featured a sentiment for Baptism. It seems to be one of the most difficult occasions to find any stamps for!!!


I wanted the cross image to be the focal point of the card...so I stamped it in black and then cut out the image. I also added dimensional foam to it, to give the card a bit of dimension. I always love that effect. :)

The stamp set features a total of like 6 different sentiments...which you combine to fit your chosen occasion, in this case, Baptism.


I always love using border punches on cards. This time I used the Fiskars "Lace". It's definitely one of my favourites. Very detailed. A piece of golden ribbon over the border made it stand out even more. :)

Finally, I partially embossed the background cardstock with the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder I FINALLY got my hands on! It's soooo popular...but is sooooo hard to find!!! So glad I finally have it in my collection. :)

And here's the final card:




Challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning, Simple but so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card. I'm a big fan of monochromatic cards and you did a great job. :) Thanks for sharing your art with us at Sister Act! :) -Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is simple and elegant hun great job - ty for playing along at Tuesday Throwdown - very good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday today. Blessings, Carole DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Design...Thank you for taking the time to join us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday we would love the pleasure of your company in next weeks challenge as well.....
    Hugs
    Suzy B ~ Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card design thanks for sharing with lexis creations Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. a wonderful and very elegant card!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful CAS card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges and don't forget to join our new theme 'Happy Birthday!'.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs